This week’s Friday Favorites includes a list of a few of my favorite spring must-haves. But before that, let’s talk about what went down this week.
I have a hard time believing it’s Friday already, yet here we are knocking on the door of another welcomed weekend. Y’all spring is finally here to stay, and I couldn’t be more excited. It has been an amazing week full of sunshine, a little rain and lots and lots of time outdoors.
Michael was out of town for quite a few days, so things got a little crazy and hectic around our house. My youngest had a baseball game on Tuesday, and on Wednesday my oldest got to go to the Nashville Predators game with his Papa. Go Preds! Thursday – DAD CAME HOME. Yay! And tonight, I am hoping for a much-needed family night of movies, popsicles, and popcorn. It’s our thing, y’all.
This week and during the spring months in general, we spend a lot of time outdoors – daily walks, afternoons/nights at the ballfield, trips to the local nursery and parks and so much more. The months of spring are full of this sort of thing. With that being said, I have a few must-haves for these spring and even, summer months, so I decided to include them in my Friday Favorites this week. So let’s get on with it, shall we?
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my affiliate disclaimer here.
Friday Favorites – What I Am Loving This Week
- Kavu Outdoor Bag – I remember taking one too many trips to the park holding keys, drinks, my phone, and little hands and yet it never dawned on me to buy an outdoor bag for excursions such as this. I blame mom brain while amidst the murky waters of babies and toddlers. Fast forward a few years when things started to make a little more sense. My muddled brain wasn’t quite so muddled, and it suddenly dawned on me that HELLO, buy yourself an outdoor bag, woman! So I did – a Kavu bag that I instantly fell in love with. I have collected a few different color options, but this is currently my go-to for spring. The colors are vibrant yet slightly muted which is so what I tend to be gravitating towards this year. This bag is perfect for a baseball game, the park, the zoo, out on a hike or even an afternoon walk. I love that I can carry all the things, without carrying all the things.
- Sunglasses – I typically buy a new pair of sunglasses every year or two. Mainly because I tend to be hard on them and they rarely last longer than that. This year, I found this pair and instantly fell in love. Over the past few years, I have loved the aviator style sunglasses. They fit my face well, and they can easily be paired with a cap, which is sometimes my go to on days when I just don’t want to do all the things. These sunglasses are fashionable, yet sleek and I just simply adore them.
- Sunscreen – I remember quite vividly the lectures my mom gave me when I was young about sun damage and skin cancer. At that time, I was young and naive and rarely listened to her logic. During those years, I ended up spending more time than I’d like to admit out in the sun or laying in a tanning bed. Talk about regrets. Those are mine. Now that I am older and yes, wiser, I am so particular about my skin and the lasting effects the sun has on it; not to mention the risk of skin cancer. So sunscreen is a must. This sunscreen is what I am currently using, and I love it.
- White Converse – With all the time I spend outdoors at ballgames, the park, or just running errands on a beautiful sunny spring day, I just love the option of comfortable, casual shoes. These shoes are my go-to for spring. I love pairing them with my favorite pair of denim and a casual top.
- Fingernail Polish – This year, I am all about light, fresh, minimalistic colors. Same rings true for my fingernail polish of choice. I am loving this pale blue fingernail polish this spring. Goes great with pretty much everything that I wear.
So there ya go! Another Friday Favorites blog post for the win! Hope you enjoy!
Y’all have a great weekend and let me know – what are you loving this week?
Holly is a 42 year old wife and mom to 3 boys, from Nashville, Tennessee. She is a hot tea lover, book reader, journal keeper, Pinterest pinner, podcast listener, y’all sayer, self-taught graphic designer, hobbyist photographer, writer and dreamer of all things big and small. You can find all of her ramblings here at Blu Nest Bloom.