This is my very first Friday Favorites post, and I couldn’t be more excited. Sharing my favorite things with my people is what I do so this new blog post idea was a no brainer.
Just to give you a quick little synopsis of what you may find in this and future Friday Favorite posts – healthy recipes, books I love, beauty/fashion products that make me feel my best and products that help me live my best life.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my affiliate disclaimer here.
This Week’s Friday Favorites
- Body Love – Body Love is a book written by Kelly LeVeque, a wellness expert based out of Los Angeles. This book is one of my all-time favorite nutrition/wellness books. She explains things in a way that is comprehensible, unlike my nutrition instructor from senior year of college…yikes. It is a MUST READ for anyone wanting to change their eating habits and learn to live well. Which brings me to my second favorite of the week…
- Ashwaganda Greens Smoothie – This smoothie is one of Kelly LeVeque’s Fab Four Smoothies. It is one of mine and my husband’s go to breakfast options, and we couldn’t love it more! The purpose of the Fab Four Smoothies is to help you develop a balanced blood sugar while providing you with enough protein, fat and fiber to keep you feeling full. And it works! I lost two pounds the first week I started drinking them and made no other change to my lifestyle other than supplementing this smoothie for breakfast. Wowzer!
- Retinol Night Cream – I started using this night cream last year and let me just say, I AM IN LOVE! I’m not going to sugarcoat it. I am 42 years old and my skin needs the extra tender loving care. A few pesky sun spots popped up last summer and I ain’t having it! Damn you tanning bed from 1995. Biggest regret of my life but what can you do? This cream has really helped in giving my skin that extra glow I have been looking for. And it has helped fade some of those pesky sun spots that have recently showed face.
- Retinol Day Cream – And while we are on the topic, I have to also give props to this retinol day cream. I actually started using this after realizing how much I love the night cream. It really is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It has SPF 20 (protect that skin, y’all) and leaves my skin feeling so soft. It works great under my makeup too, which is a huge plus in my book.
- Girl, Stop Apologizing – I recently started reading this book and y’all, I’m hooked. I wanted to sit down and read it front to back today but life, y’all. I’m getting there though and I can already say that it is a must read. I first fell in love with Rachel Hollis’s book, Girl, Wash Your Face, so when I heard about her new book coming out, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy. If you want to hear my short review on Girl, Wash Your Face, you can read it here.
So there ya go! My favorite things this Friday! I hope you enjoy it! Happy week-end, y’all!
What are your Friday Favorites? Please share. I’d love to know what you are excited about this week.
Holly is a 42 year old wife and mom to 3 boys, from Nashville, Tennessee. She is a hot tea lover, book reader, journal keeper, Pinterest pinner, podcast listener, y’all sayer, self-taught graphic designer, hobbyist photographer, writer and dreamer of all things big and small. You can find all of her ramblings here at Blu Nest Bloom.