It has been a minute since my last Friday Favorites’ post. Between the madness of May and end of school craziness and now summer break with three boys, my days are full. But I’m ready to get back to it, and I will do my best to keep up with these Friday Favorites’ posts over the rest of the summer months.
This week has been cooler than average Tennessee temps in June, staying comfortably in the 70’s. Can we sit and marvel at the greatness of temperatures in the 70’s? When I got a peek into the forecast last week, I knew I wanted to plan a lot of outdoor fun with my boys. We spent as many hours as possible outdoors this week as we know all too well that the heat is coming back to stay very soon.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my affiliate disclaimer here.
On Monday, we went out for lunch and enjoyed a fun day of grocery shopping. Okay, maybe not fun per se, but we did come across some yummy healthy food options that I’ve been slowly working into my family’s diet. Healthier eating has been a big part of my 2019, and I feel happier and healthier than ever before.
On Tuesday, we ventured out to the zoo with my sister (have I mentioned that I have a twin sister) and nephew. The temps were showing out something fierce, and it resulted in a beautiful stroll through the zoo. I wore jeans, y’all, in June. YES. JEANS IN JUNE. These things just don’t happen here in Nashville often, and I’m not complaining.
On Wednesday, we went out for ice cream and a trip to the park. My little guy enjoyed the monkey bars and slides while my older boys played Pokemon Go and did a little magnet fishing off the bridge. Yes, apparently magnet fishing is a real thing. They caught a few nails and a few pieces of scrap metal. Don’t ask. I’ve just learned to go with it — boy mom life, y’all. Lastly, we finished the day off with an afternoon at the pool. The boys loved having the pool to themselves for a few hours, and I enjoyed the quiet.
On Thursday, we ventured out with my sister and nephew for a day of fishing at the lake. After a few hours of fishing, they did a little more magnet fishing and caught a large metal chain and some fishing lures. Again, I’ve learned to just go with it, y’all.
Today, we are enjoying a little quiet time at home. We plan on getting outside later to do some yard work, but we’re first embracing a slow morning inside.
There you go, a quick little recap of our busy, busy week together. I am looking forward to enjoying a weekend with Michael and the boys over this beautiful Father’s Day weekend.
Now on to my favorite things this week because I have a few good ones I’m super excited about. So here we go…
My Top 5 Favorite Things This Week
- The Five Minute Journal for Kids – When I found this journal a few weeks ago, I was so excited. I’m always looking for ways to teach my kids about the importance of gratitude and living a well-lived life. My hope is that by planting a seed at a young age that they will grow up to be happier, healthier, kinder people because of it. I bought this journal for my younger boys but am still on the hunt for something similar for my teen. Let me know if you have any recommendations.
- For the Love of Popsicles – At the start of summer break, I decided to try making my own healthy popsicles for kids. I thought it would be a fun endeavor that would end in delicious summer yummies for my boys. This book is what got me on the right path and has been super fun to use. Not only are the popsicles yummy but they are healthy too. That’s a double win in my book.
- Homemade Popsicle Molds – These popsicle molds have been so easy to use. I couldn’t recommend them more. Oh, and the included popsicle bags are perfect for storing them for a later date. My husband and I spent one Saturday a few weeks back, making several different kinds of healthy popsicles for the boys to enjoy over the busy weeks of summer. They are so fun and easy to make and our boys love them.
- Giant Jenga Outdoor Family Game – I have wanted one of these giant Jenga games for years. A few weeks ago, we decided to take the plunge. While it is a bit of an investment, this family game is super fun and absolutely worth every penny. We play this on our back deck several times a week, and it hasn’t gotten old yet. I have no doubt that this game will be a part of our outdoor family game fun for years to come.
- BOXYCHARM – I just received my 2nd BOXYCHARM box this week, and I am seriously hooked. BOXYCHARM is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive 4 to 5 full-size products for a monthly cost of $21. You really can’t beat the price, and the products are fab! Seriously can’t wait to see what comes in my July box. So much fun!
So there you go! A weekly recap and my top five favorite products this week. Hope y’all have a fabulous weekend!
Let me know what you are loving this week. I’d love to know.
Holly is a 42 year old wife and mom to 3 boys, from Nashville, Tennessee. She is a hot tea lover, book reader, journal keeper, Pinterest pinner, podcast listener, y’all sayer, self-taught graphic designer, hobbyist photographer, writer and dreamer of all things big and small. You can find all of her ramblings here at Blu Nest Bloom.